Sunday, July 29, 2012

More Water Lily Girls


I've decided to simply draw the pics that come to my mind and worry about the words later, makes it easier for me.  I keep thinking of new ideas and adventures for these little underwater sprites, but if anyone has any ideas that they'd like to share...just let me know and I'll happily draw that scene (if I can!) 

A discussion with fish and maybe a salamander


Do you like the B&W drawing better or the watercolored ones?  I'm torn......
/

This one might have to be redone, as it looks like they are skating on ice. Either that...or this becomes a winter scene.  My water color skills are lacking and I've been trying to learn how to do water.  YouTube is a help but I think I need more than that!!!  :)






 More drawings are being worked on, and I've having a good time with the WLG's.  I know that to be politically correct this should probably be WL Kids...but when was I ever PC.

I plan on having a lovely rainy Sunday.  Yesterday we tried to go for a bike ride, but it started thundering, so we drove around instead - in a convertible. We went fast to evade the rain but eventually gave it and had to put it up.  Either way, lovely day.

9 comments:

PAK ART said...

I'm really liking the color ones, it adds more depth because you've done shading. You are doing very well - I haven't checked out anything on youtube for art - I'll have to try that.

Lynn Cohen said...

This are sheer delight! The color brings them to life! Color for sure! And I like when you leave some pin lines in there as well. Blue body/pen ink hair.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Oh COLOR for sure..I am loving the color.. it does bring depth to them. Well done Mim. These are such fun.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am definitely a color girl. Love the colors. Puts them into the real world. It is more dreamlike in b&w.

kj said...

mim, i think you have no idea how good these are. the color is perfect! my favorite is # 2 because it glows and couldn't be one millionth of a million better than it is.

you've got to write strips and books.

love
kj

Lori ann said...

love the color!

studio lolo said...

The WLG's are adorable, and I prefer the color as well.

Mim, did you think of trying to make the water green ( as in a pond?) Or are they in the sea? I think they work fine the way they are!

I've never thought of Utube for artsy stuff. Who knew?

I wish I could take a workshop retreat somewhere. I need some "healthy" me time.

Sorry we missed this week. We'll be sure to get together soon!

xo♥

Robin said...

Mim...just to *stir up the waters*...I like BOTH the colour and the B & W....they cast different moods entirely.. so, you could change from time-to-time - depending on your mood....

These are just so full of joy - love the little *Water Maidens and their World*!

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

Katiejane said...

Mim, they are so joyful, and silly, and so cute. I love them in color and I'm sure you will come up with the perfect words for them. Don't stop.