Thursday, June 21, 2007

The little quilt


Before I left for vacation I was frantically trying to complete this little quilt. I like the colors and the non- lined up look. I was going to back it with a purple print, but fell in love with a lavender sort of fluffy fabric - that just screams "comfy". So, once I had done that, I couldn't put a cloth binding and just HAD to use purple satin. Ok, so it's a bit of overkill, kind of a purple passion quilt, but I just bet you a baby would love the soft backing and satin edging. I'm not 100% sure that I am finished with it completely, I may decide to embroider the edges, but either way, I just like this little quilt. It's larger counterpart is still being finished, and together they will make a great combo at the Church Fair this fall.

No comments: