Sunday, June 3, 2007

Rainy Bike Ride

We started out today with a desire for some exercise after working in the hot sun yesterday mostly doing yard work. It looked like it would rain today but we didn't think it would be bad. We started out, prepared for cooler weather, and enjoying the lushness of the New England scenery.





























Look at the tunnel of green with a nice smooth bike path. I love the New England lush summer look, no matter if it is sunny, misty or rainy - I think it is one of the most beautiful places to live.


Another beautiful view along the bike trail.
I always thought these were phlox but someone told me that they were "Ladies flowers" - they have 4 petals.
A beautiful little path. Makes you want to take a peak doesn't it?

On the ride back it started to rain a bit harder and turned into a full blown rainstorm. It was exhilarating! Normally I would whine and complain about riding in the rain, but somehow this felt so good. Cool rain on my face, riding thru puddles. I was drenched to the bone by the time I got back to the car. It was a treat to enjoy this ride, and I hope I can remember the feeling of enjoyment in something that seemed ridiculous to be doing.

The rainy windshield after I got back to the warm comfy car.
Take out Chinese food for dinner, the gas fire is on and it's a cozy Sunday evening
Great day

No comments: