Sunday, June 24, 2012

Romance


No...not mine - just our Miss Em enjoying a good read.  I've shown this before but colored it last night for some oommph

The "Romance" is the title page - that's what you would see on page 1.  Page 2 is the drawing.  I'm still working on how to save documents etc.  Lot's of learning to do! 

Is it too subtle that when she is reading, she is "prettier" if you know what I mean? Someone else suggested a little bead of sweat coming off her brow, but I'm not sure about that.  I mean really - does Miss Em sweat???

My little grand niece wanted to know why Miss Em was bottom heavy - actually she put her knees together and tried to show me what she meant by walking funny.  It was hysterical to watch, but wonderful to see what kids notice.    My mom doesn't think that Miss Em should ever swear.  I'm going to have trouble with that one. 


7 comments:

kj said...

FANTASTIC IN EVERY WAY!

FANTASTIC!!!!!

mim, i think it is perfect that ms. em looks so, ahem, lovely. her cheeks are so cheeky! balls of sweat yes too maybe.

keep it up keep it up keep it up keep it up keep it up keep it up keep it up keep it up keep it up keep it up

love
kj

Lynn Cohen said...

I love the adventures of Ms Em. Is she reading a Lesbian novel? Erotica maybe? Both people have long hair on the cover I noticed!
Good for her! ;-)

Love your nieces' observations. She is too young to remember bell bottoms obviously!

~Babs said...

Oh yes, a flush, a blush,,,it's just right, as I'm sure she's feeling herself in the moment of the story.
Well,,,,, maybe Miss Em could just occasionally use tiny little swears.

Robin said...

I am giggling at all the comments - and at the wonderful Ms. Em!!
I love the touch of colour to enhance her rosy lips and cheeks! That's what happens when one reads such *Romance Bodice-Ripping Novels,*! Love the *Blonde* Heroine (about to have her bodice ripped off) and the long-haired *Fabio-ish* Hero! Mon Dieu! STEAMY! Hmmm..I guess she does need some bead of sweat on her brow! A-ha-ha!

The words inscribed at the back of the illustrations cracked me up!!!! Mim, you are a hoot! I loved how *Satan* was included too....

As for Ms. Em's shape....well, some people ARE built like this... it only adds to the quirkiness of her character...besides, she could be wearing a sort of *Harem/Jogging/Sweat ensemble!

The whole thing is MARVELOUS! You REALLY have a future career with Ms. Em....

Thanks for sharing her latest *adventure*!

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Those Scots have long hair to go with their kilts. :) Love Mz Em. Keep up the good work. I will look forward to her adventures.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

No Miss Em should never sweat.. and yes some of those Scottish guys have long hair & Kilts. Lisa and I think a like.. LOL.

Katiejane said...

This is cute!