Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Safari tour....at Disney World for Animal Wednesday

My BFF and I took her sons/my nephews to Disney for a few days. Walking, roller coaster rides, good food - those were great.  But my brilliant BFF signed us up for a 3 hour Safari ride at Animal Kingdom.  We LOVED it...more text to come in a later post but here are some animal pics from Animal Kingdom and the Safari Tour.





A Masai Giraffe


A Reticulated Giraffe




Nephew Sean knew me well enough to hustle thru the crowds to get to the Gorilla  area where we watched these wonderful primates for at least 1 hour. 






After much discussion and debate, I did learn the difference between a Masai Giraffe and a Reticulated Giraffe - thanks to my brilliant neffy Brian...who has a great eye for detail and a memory to match.

OK, ok...it wasn't really Africa but it was a great fun experience.

Happy Animal Wednesday

11 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

To be so close to these wild animals would be great fun. Wonderful pictures. HAW.

PAK ART said...

Wonderful pics of your visit. I was there about 20 years ago, I'm sure much has changed in that time. HAW

Lori ann said...

oh wow! jambo animals! what a fun trip. oh sigh sigh sigh, africa.

Robin said...

HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! What fun you must have had! Super-duper photos!
(Ok....I give up, what's the difference between the Giraffes?)

The Big Cats (my absolute favourites) are gorgeous...and that Hippo is pretty cute!

Colour me envious! Wish I was there with you!

HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

Cris, Oregon Artist said...

Oh how fun.
we have a wonderful wild Animal park not far from us and we have been.. so much fun to see the Animals live and in their habitat. Smart BFF of yours. :))

yoborobo said...

Wow! I didn't know you could do that! Those are great pictures - I'm glad you had such fun with your pal. :) xox

Lynn Cohen said...

Now THAT'S what I call ANIMAL WEDNESDAY!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kj said...

Fantastic photos, Mim. Every animal is so regal .

I wonder what it means to be in a 'captive' situation. I don't like it, except for sanctuaries, but these animals look relaxed and cared for .

What a fun time!!!! And girl, you deserved it!!!

Love
kj

Teri Casper said...

Gorgeous images! Sounds like so much fun.

HAW

soulbrush said...

OMG look at all those wonderfully wonderful African animals- makes me quite homesick. Super fun.

marianne said...

It sure looks like you were in Africa!
Are they walking around free there?
Lovely animals I love that lion!
Sure you had a good time with the boys!
HAW one week late but in time for today ;)
♥M