Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2 of this New Year

I am home - late due to airplane delays, but home.

I walked into the house and felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders. I'm so glad to be home I ran around to the rooms just peeping in to see that all was well. And then I made myself cinnamon french toast for a late dinner.

My poor DH is still down there in Florida dealing with lawyers and the like but he'll be home soon.

In a way, it all has worked out well - if that word can be used. We had the week to recoup, and organize, and cry. We're both ready to move on - as we have to. I did have one strange experience this week but I'll recount that at a later date.

I feel that I can now start to focus more on what I need to do for me - which is healthier living, fun with friends, artwork, comics, friday night drawing class, see more of my darling nephews and their loving parents - all without that imminent feeling of doom. (oh lord, please let it stay that way for awhile!)

A passage of life has come and marked us, but we're OK.

I am off to my own delicious bed, with my own nightlight, and my favorite stack of books by the bedside. It's luxury, pure and simple.

15 comments:

studio lolo said...

a quiet YIPPEE from me as you tuck yourself in for some nighty-night reading.

Welcome home Mim♥

kj said...

my heart and worry beads are lighter after reading this. welcome home, mim. see you soon.

you gave everything you had with grace and strength. now it's time for rubbery legs that bounce and stretch. look! do you see me jumping from your couch to the chair?

hahahahee


kj

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Welcome home to your own bed. I hope your life from here out is a bit boring in drama, but rich is Art and Family there. xoxo

Robin said...

Welcome Home! As Lo, KJ, and Cris said, you did all you could with love and grace....

The New Year beckons with more art, more travel, more kayaking and more Ms. Em adventures!
I miss her!

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

Katiejane said...

There's no place like home. I love mine, too. I am so glad your gruelling week is over. How difficult that must have been for you. But, as you say, it's in the past now and it's good to focus on the new year and positive things.
Best to you.

Lynn Cohen said...

This sounds so good Mim. Marked you yes, I too hope that's all that kind of marking for a long while...and now to move on and enjoy life. Enjoy those books and be sure to share with us what you are reading!
Hugs...

marianne said...

Glad you are home safe Mim!
I know this imminent doom feeling.....It is not healthy.
What a closure of the year: all those mixed emotions. But I am happy you have a good feeling about it.
I wish you a year full of things you are hoping for and that your loved ones will stay in good health!
hugs ♥

Debra Kay said...

welcome home dear

secret agent woman said...

I always look around the house after being away, too.

Hope 2011 brings healing.

Lori ann said...

When so much is happening it is always the simple things that give so much pleasure. and it's the grateful graceful person that notices. thats you.
i hope all your dreams for 2011 come true for you mim :)

Baino said...

Ah Mim, with sad endings come new beginnings. Take a break, put your feet up and don't feel guilty.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am so glad you are home safe and sound Mim. I hope peace and a little routine helps get you back on track with your own life. Namaste.

PAK ART said...

I was not gone as long, nor faced with such sorrow, but so happy to be back in my own bed too after a weekend away. My bed is my BFF!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year dear Mim and hopes for more light and luxury in the coming year. We all need it. Much love
Hilary

Marion said...

I'm sorry I'm so late, Mim. I have been thinking of you and hoping you are dealing with all this ok. When my MIL died, after a long illness with cancer, where I was her primary caregiver, I felt so ready to move on, to live, to face life without that feeling of doom you mention. Thanks so much for this post and I'm so glad you're home!