Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saturday AM


Got up early this morning as I am hoping to get a spot at "spinning" at my local gym - what a workout. I haven't done it in 2 years, after breaking my ankle I couldn't do anything for about 1 year, and then another year of laziness. Actually, it's going to be interesting to see how my ankle reacts to spinning - I may take an aspirin in advance. The 12 pins inside that darn bone tend to act up at times. Anyway, I've gotta do something to start the downwards trend in pants size.


I am working on a funny piece, whose background was inspired by one of Claudine Hellmuths' commercially available papers. It stars "Rozzy" my new heroine - wait till mom sees this one! I'll post a picture here when I'm done with the complete piece, here is "Rozzy" prior to completion. I like having a central figure that can be used in different settings, so far only two settings (see "Wired") but I have lots of ideas. Naturally this looks nothing at all like mom, but she is a redhead and so I went with it from there. I have been getting so much positive reaction from "Wired" - everyone loves her personality - just like mom - so maybe I did hit it on the head. Also, she is wearing a caftan because I haven't mastered arms yet, not for any other reason.
Wish me luck with spinning.

No comments: