Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back from vacation








I came back from sunny warm Florida to a true Nor'easter and it is raining really hard here. At least it has stopped snowing, I think I jinked the weather by trying to take a picture of a little crocus a few weeks ago.

I am taking a class with Bernie Berlin next weekend at "Absolutely Everything" and am reading thru her book on ATC's. I have been trying a few of her ideas - here are a few. Her class should be great, I can't wait to meet her and learn her some more of her techniques. One of her suggestions in the book is to take people photo's from magazines, paste them onto ATC sized paper, gesso over them lightly and then alter. Worked interestingly for me. I am confined by the image yet challenged to "draw outside the lines". I like the corporate executive who turned out looking like a prison warden.
Back to work tomorrow, am looking forward to everything but the drive. It is Boston Marathon day and with the rain, you never know what will happen. I hope it isn't raining this hard tomorrow, I know that little bit of cool weather and mist is good for the runners but hard rain? I'd be scared of falling. Good luck to them all...

No comments: