Monday, November 30, 2009

Lynn's Page and some cards

Miss Em got a workout this week, I mean - what else are you gonna do when sitting in a hospital for 3 hours every day beside knitting. Drawing of course, and MIL helped me with ideas and little details. She loved sparkles so we used alot of that, and lots of crystal-things.





We ended up with about 8 Miss Em cards - fun to do - the Chanukah one is going into Etsy, the rest I just might actually USE!

Here is Lynns page for the "Girlfriends" sketchbook - this has alot of elements in it. I started with a decorative napkin gelled to paper, then stamped, and painted, and added mesh, more paint, heated for the bubble effect, transparencies, etc etc.

Interesting to do all these collages - I need to branch out more and love the opportunity to try new techniques and themes.

11 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is great to see the lovely Mz Em in her winter element. Lynn's page is terrific.

soulbrush said...

oh my goodness, what another lovely page this is. and i just adore adore ms em in all her winter finery. what a good idea while spending so much time confined in a hospital. sigh... what does your hubby do all that time?

Bea said...

Ms Em has so much JOY in her, doesn't she. What fun to be able to work on her with your MIL and keep her spirits up, too. Love the collage. :)Bea

marianne said...

Your Ms EM cards are so wonderful!
I love sparkles and crystals too.
They are all such happy cards!
Lynn's page is beautiful. Love that key! It has something of a mystery in it? The key to what?
And I love that glimps of the fish!


Greetings!!!!

studio lolo said...

I can't look at Ms. Em withous a goofy grin on my face! I adore her :)
I want multi-colored snow too!
With sparkles in it.
And jimmies on top :P

Love Lynne's page too. You're really branching out girlfriend!

Lynn Cohen said...

Well, this was funny. At first I thought the Ms Em celebrating Chanukah was MY PAGE! Of course it looks like it was made just for me! LOL But then I already have one of your wonderful Ms Em Chanukah cards! Then I loved the winter Ems too and thought they were my other page(s)??? Funny me. And finally I SEE MY REAL PAGE and WOW!!! It's terrific! Love all the textures, colors and embellishments. Is that napkin paper or cloth? Can't wait to hold it in my hands!!! Thank you so much!!!

sukipoet said...

Miss Em is being her wonderful inventive self. How fun that your MIL gave ideas and advice. Lynn's page is a fun collage and a different direction than so much of your work. Great! Hope you are resting a bit now you are back home.

Baino said...

Mim I came in a bit late in relation to the book can you explain what you're doing. email if you like bainbridge1610 at the g place. I'm just curious what the book is for, about and who's contributed, the illustrations and montages are just gorgeous.

Baino said...

I want snow!

kj said...

ms em = gentle

xo

Michele said...

What can I say, I'm obsessed with the Miss Em Hanukkah cards : )