Thursday, March 6, 2008

Work world


My dear dear friend Grace called yesterday with the news that she is going to be leaving her job in New Hampshire, not necessarily voluntarily, altho the writing has been on the wall. It's not great news, she has a house up there and a family and bills to pay and health insurance to keep. Her sons are my darling twin nephews and the light of my life. So we are sad and nervous and everything else that goes along with this type of news.

But, as I pointed out to her, the last time she called me with bad news out of the blue was to tell me that she had breast cancer. Let' s try to keep this all in perspective. We'll find the money to keep going. A job of some sort will be found somewhere. Please g*d let us all keep our health.

8 comments:

Debra Kay said...

Yes, health is the first thing-with that, we can figure out the rest. I've taken my vitamins now for probably 5 days in a row-because it's the simple things we can do to help our health. Vitamins, water, a little exercise-these will go far towards a healthier life.

human being said...

Oh. This is really sad.
Yes, health is very important. All other problems can be solved more easily.
Wish the best for your dear friend.

Kerstin Klein said...

life will go on, and the god thing is she has family, friends and YOU!

Kerstin Klein said...

"good" things i wanted to say, but "god" isn´t wrong either! :)

Lynn Cohen said...

I hope your friend finds the ideal job for herself soon.
Sweet photo of the twin boys.

soulbrush said...

without health and her 'boys' she would've given up, with those and you she will be fine.

Mim said...

She's actually going for another job interview on Monday, keep her in your thoughts. I'd be so devastated if they had to move...I'd have to move with them.

Michele said...

It's difficult to remember sometimes but a healthy family really is the most important thing. I've been trying to focus on that a lot lately.