Friday, May 16, 2008

Rainy Friday

Hi all, 

It's a very rainy Friday night and the weather is just about keeping up with my mood. This has been a tough week for me, and as I read others posts - seems to be a tough week for a few of us. 

Stuff has come to light that I can't even talk about yet - and certainly haven't come to grips with in my own mind yet.  Basically I'm somewhat shattered and am looking around for the pieces - I don't even recognize them when I pick them up. What piece is this?  oh...a piece of my heart (thanks Janis) - well, let's just toss it on the ground and stomp on it a bit more. 

Up side - lost 5 lbs since Sunday.  Down side - feel like crap.  

I won't go into it more here, but will keep you posted as I crawl out of this hole. 

Somewhat good news is the new endocrinologist put me on T4 yesterday - said "oh my goodness, you have such a large thyroid" (thanks doc!) so hopefully that will help with some energy issues.  We'll see. This doc is a little bit unconventional, and begins to give you T3 also in addition to T4.   I, as usual, am hoping for miracles with the help of modern medicine.   

Ah well... I'm off to Prince Edward Island on Monday, it might just be good to get away.  Hopefully it won't be cold and rainy up there - if it is - I just might jump into the Atlantic and swim away with the silkies. 

Can't even get the scanner to work again for "Wide".   The whole world is out to get me today

9 comments:

ElizT said...

Well that's a shame. The only problem I share at present is the ongoing scanner one.

Mim said...

That scanner will be the death of me...or me of it!

studio lolo said...

As crappy as you feel you still stopped by. Thank you Mim. I hope life turns around for you in just the right way. Have fun in PEI. Wish I could go too! Are you Canadian by any chance? (Maybe we're related :) )
P.S. You can borrow my scanner.

valerie walsh said...

It's weird how on Friday, my scanner won't work , my camera dies, I can't get an internet connection... :) Hang in there buddy and have a beautiful getaway! Take pictures for us.

Mim said...

I think I can see the sun just starting to think about maybe peaking out from behind the clouds - we'll see how far it gets (Sat. AM)

Anonymous said...

Hoping that the island surrounds you with peace and time to regroup. Tho swimming with the silkies sounds pretty good....

Best,

Kerstin Klein said...

hope you are feeling a bitt better now. hugs from me.

Debra Kay said...

Loretta, silkies are sharks I think. Something I would love, but I don't think Mim means it in a good way.

Mim, things come to light as we are prepared to deal with them, share them when you can and want to...something I'm just now learning.

soulbrush said...

snap mimsie...what a helleva week that was...but now it's monday, and i certainly hope that you can see the silver lining today! lots of warm fuzzies coming your way.