Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Animal Wednesday - Transportation

I can't believe it's Wednesday already! I was going to post a picture of all the bees feeding at the wall of flowers near our house, but I've lost my camera :( and am miserable about it). I know it's somewhere in the house, I even dreamed where it was last night but it wasn't there when I woke up.

Instead I called up some old pictures of dragonflies that I took a few months ago, and went with the concept of bug transportation that has had me thinking recently.

Needs reworking, I used hot pressed paper with both watercolor and pencils and it came out uneven., but you get the drift. DH thinks it should be a carnival ride, and all the little bugs should be throwing up their hands (legs? paws?) with glee.

I love to think about these silly ideas. Fun.

Soulbrush has asked me to design a logo for Animal Wednesday so I'm working on that. I'll keep you updated, and will ask for votes, advice etc.

HAW everyone

10 comments:

sukipoet said...

Cute drawing. Hope you find your camera. I keep doing that myself, misplacing things. I do try to keep tabs on the camera though as goodness, I use it almost every day.

studio lolo said...

This is wonderful!! Looks like a great start to a children's book.

Okay, now try this to find your camera. Stand still and quiet, then shout "REACH!" Put all thoughts of your camera out of your mind. Don't continue to look for it. According to my friend you'll find it shortly. She swears by this method! hey, she runs a big corporation. I don't argue with her!

soulbrush said...

hey girlfriend, this very drawing would make such a cute button....unique and funny too,
HAW oh chairman of the HAW club!

NANCY LEFKO said...

this is adorable...I absolutely love it ...I am so partial to dragonflies....or is this a damselfly ?? I never know :)

studio lolo said...

hey Mim, I've been feeling awkward about posting my photo. I never pose for them and now I'm posting my mug for all the world to see! Do you think I should remove it and stay anon? I won't be offended if you say yes!

Teri said...

This is so absolutely adorable!!!! I love it. You could even use this as the logo.

I am embarassed to say I could not remember who was the chair of this group when someone thought I was, so I said lolo. Please forgive me :) Now I will remember.

Teri said...

Oh and Artsy Endeavors is also doing HAW.

Teri said...

Well duh Teri...

Artsy Endeavors (Lisa) is at
http://artsyendeavors.blogspot.com/

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Oh how funny. I love your imagination at work. These guys look so friendly and busy.

Thank you for including me in your AW. I hope I find everyone that is participating.

Debra Kay said...

Belated HAW-this one is precious!