Saturday, June 4, 2011

A painted ladder

I think I first saw this idea on DebraK's facebook page - maybe or maybe not. Either way - a painted ladder to nowhere makes me happy. So I went out to the garden, scrounged up long and short twigs and branches and painted me up one - just for laughs and giggles. It'll live outside for the season and thats all I expect that it will last. Temporary art, easy to make, fun to look at an nothing that I really have to take care of.

Perfect!!

It's a gorgeous Saturday here in the Northeast after a week filled with strange weather and destructive tornado's. Some cities here really got slammed - houses completely destroyed, schools with their roofs ripped off - 4 people killed. While it's nothing compared to the destruction that has been seen in Mo, its still shocking and amazing to us that we had twisters here that ripped thru towns, flipping over cars and causing havoc everywhere. Everyone I know is safe and has their home undamaged, but many were close to the path of the storm - but it passed them by. The Red Cross is helping those who have lost their homes, and Red Cross is asking for monetary donations. I'm for that - they know how to use the money I think.

Anyway - we hope it's behind us for now and that the good weather will continue.

Have a lovely weekend all

10 comments:

Katiejane said...

I'm glad to know that you are okay. I was wondering. Tornadoes in Mass.?? Who ever heard of such a thing. Crazy weather latele, for sure!
Love the ladder to nowhere. Those are often the best kind.

Robin said...

What a wonderful, mysterious ladder..it is like something out of a John Fowles novel!

Glad your weather has settled down. We are in the midst of a HUGE storm - already over an inch of rain in SF - the most since 1967....

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This ladder will take your spirits to new heights. It is so colorful and fun. Enjoy that beautiful weather while it lasts.

Teri said...

Love that ladder Mim'

The weather has been so crazy these days.

Lori ann said...

i like it very much! you are so clever mim! enjoy your weather. :)

kj said...

a ladder to nowhere. that is so perfect!

you startle me with how consistently clever and creative you are, mim. i just love it, and you.


kj

Lynn Cohen said...

Crazy weather all over the world...Peter and Paul without Mary are singing "Let it shine"...
as i write this.

So glad you and yours are safe and well.

A beauty of a ladder to no where...whimsical and fun that is.

studio lolo said...

I love that ladder!!! It reminds me of ones in the Southwest that people decorate only yours is better!

We never even got rain the day of the big storm, can you believe it? It looked like we were going to get walloped but it skipped over us.
I give to the red cross too, when I can. They do put the money where it's needed.

Happy Sunday Mim!♥

yoborobo said...

I love that ladder!!! I keep thinking of stories to go with it. I can see sitting on the porch, eyeing that ladder and telling whoppers about what it is for. :) That's the best kind of art there is, the kind that sparks conversation and thought. I'm glad you're safe and that the weather has decided to behave. It's just gorgeous here in MD (for now!). xox Pam

PS Current thought: It was discovered in a troll's cave. Before that, I thought maybe it was a fairy portal to the next level of heaven. :))

Annie said...

Lovely ladder! Magical and very Southwestern. I hope the weather is calm for at least the Summer, give people a break form all the
heartbreak. Glad you made it through okay. We have been very lucky here in Taos! I think it maybe one of the safest places on earth. XOXO