Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Where I live

Recently I decided that one way to deal with stress and bad moods at work is to enhance my levels of endorphins - and take advantage of my very own legal high. To that end - I've been taking walks every morning, when the weather is good.


It's been lovely and wonderful and good for my mood. Also - those who know me know that I am a gadget geek so every day I take my iPod - which wirelessly connects to a monitor in my shoe that acts as a pedometer, and then electronically uploads my daily walk into my computer. I'm feeding two parts to my soul and I'm loving it. I dread the next rainy day - not sure what I will do.


My iPod also takes pictures, and I've uploaded a few here from my walks over the past few days. The only problem with taking pictures is that stopping is screwing up my Miles per Hour rate - and the ipod is not impressed with me, but I figure it's a small price to pay to capture mist over a field in a sunrise.







It's a good way to start the day. Good for me, and good for the people that I work with - as I do not bark and growl when I get to work. The trade off is computer time in the AM, but weighing the pro's and cons - I'm sticking with the walking while the weather is so lovely.

Have a lovely day - and try a kick on those endorphins. Better than B12.

13 comments:

angela recada said...

What a beautiful place to walk, Mim! I can see how it would improve your mood. I hope you have many, many mornings when the weather cooperates, so you can fully enjoy your gorgeous natural surroundings.

Barbara/myth maker said...

A wonderful place to take a morning walk. Thanks for these pictures of 'what's down the road'. Hope the weather holds out for you!

Annie said...

Beautiful Mim. I take a little hike daily with my dog and you are right, it is a great way to start the day. I Hope the weather holds for you. xoxo

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

A neighbor here is monitoring her morning job with one of those things too. She get up at six to run before her husband has to leave so he takes care of the kids. Its a great mood inhancer to get out for a walk or run early. Nice pix by the way. We all benefit.. lol

Amanda Summer said...

two of my favorite things - walking and listening to music —

great advice mim ♡

studio lolo said...

I'm going to pretend we're taking our morning walks together :)

The views are similar to mine on the bike trail where I walk every day. I've had to slow my pace down recently because I'm getting shin splints for some reason. Still, I love my walks!

Good for you Ms. Gadget woman!♥

Robin said...

What lovely views as you walk!
I miss my walks...we have had so much relentless wet and grey weather....but TODAY the sun (at least I think that golden orb shining in the East IS the Sun - it has been so long since we have seen her..) is up and I am going out for a walk... (probably a muddy one)....but I agree - getting outside is so theraputic - both for body and for soul!

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

Lynn Cohen said...

Three cheers for walking and raising endorphins! I do it on my treadmill at home watching TV. I agree it's not as pretty as your outdoors walk, but the results are the same. Mood lifted, and hopefully eventually weight down. My outdoor walks are mostly at noon around where I work. I do love the fresh air I breath in!
Let's all keep it up and keep young and healthy!!! Love your photos and info on your interesting ipod and all it does! Who knew?

Baino said...

You're right. Getting out of bed earl is a pain in the ass but once out and about it does make you feel better. So . . it's 6am as I'm writing this and . . no, I'm sitting here in front of the computer in my pyjamas (er hoodie) because it's dark and cold outside. Come on Spring!

Katiejane said...

Good for you! You go, girl. Our weather is already too sucky to go out walking anytime. I'll go vicariously with you.

Lori ann said...

me too mim. keep it up dear. and enjoy!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What beautiful scenery. No wonder you are in a better mood after looking over this area. I love morning walks. I giggled at the thought of an ipod scolding you for stopping. tee hee.

marianne said...

I should exercise more I know....

What a lovely area where you love! So much to see! Lovely pics!