Saturday, August 16, 2008

A wonderful gift



My friend Kirstin sent me this amazing little book by Danny Gregory!  If you haven't seen it and love dogs...try to get this onto your Christmas or Hanukkah or whatever list.  It's a little treasure.  Below is one of my favorite drawings - seeing as how I love pugs.  But there are just wonderful, evocative drawings in this book - what talent! 


Thanks Kirstin - you made my day when this showed up right after ankle surgery.  I hadn't posted about it because I keep looking thru it and showing it to people who visit. 

And to anyone who hasn't visited K's blog - go ahead to see some amazing artwork from a very interesting, talented and slightly wild lady! 

7 comments:

Debra Kay said...

Mim, thanks for sharing. I feel your dog out there, looking for you.

soulbrush said...

adorable, all dog drawings are my 'thing'.
yes k is certainly a wierd and wonderful lady.

switch said...

I love the old DG..I have his other two books, but not this one...yet. He is a big inspiration, indeed.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Oh this looks cute. I will have to look for it. Thanks for sharing.

human being said...

oh these dogs have got character... very nice

Lynn Cohen said...

Yes, delightful paintings of animals.

I hope your surgery went well, and you are on the mend. Hugs.

Kerstin Klein said...

Mim, I am glad you got the book. Danny Gregory is just great and I enjoy his books and his website/blog.
How´s your ankle doing?