Thursday, December 25, 2008

Just the Tiny-est bit cranky

And heres why. The day we were getting ready to leave for Florida - DH woke up and his minor cold had gotten worse. "Maybe we shouldn't go" I gently suggested. "No - of course we'll go" he boomed (and then coughed). " I feel fine, this little cold will be gone in a day". "Okay" said dummy me.

Fast forward to Wednesday. DH woke up croaking. I went to drugstore. Fever about 100 (you'd have thought it was 110!) Aspirin. Cough syrup. Bed. Water, and hot soup.

He woke up a few minutes ago and feels "dismal" and has gone back to bed for the duration.

I could be home with my nice studio cave, and be with my twins for Christmas. Instead, while the weather is very nice and I'm enjoying that - I'm nursing a sick hubby, and catering to MIL - who I am stuck with.

So...in defference to my own sanity, I am moving DH over to my mothers house where I can have room to draw and putter and feel more at home. I will go to the gym every day to get some workout's in so that my muscles don't atropy.

But overall - I am rather annoyed. This is my vacation and while I know he can't help feeling sick...we should have the heck stayed home!

So - Merry Christmas to everyone!!! May this be the last cold for 2008 and also for 2009!!!!!!!

18 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Aww, Mim, sorry to hear he's sick and it's harshing your plans. I hope you're able to make some fun and enjoy your trip despite it. Merry Christmas!

sukipoet said...

Sorry all this has happened. Sometimes it is hard to know what the best thing to do is when someone is sick. Hope you find some cheer in all this! Be well, suki

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Your alternate plan to draw and putter and work out sounds like it will help the down side of what was supposed to be an up vacation. Take time to smell the roses, not the coffee, teehee

Teri and the cats of Furrydance

switch said...

shoulda coulda woulda...the Nurse Nightingale position gets old fast, doesn't it...?

going to the gym everyday sounds lovely though

haappy xmas to you too, mim

Lynn Cohen said...

Bummer...I begged my dh not to get sick on this trip. He often becomes ill on vacations, primarily because he is able to relax and let the stress catch up to him. My mother who was also a teacher did the same thing. The body held on while they had to work and then collapsed from sheer exhaustion when they had a break!
Oy.
I hope you make the most of your trip, and glad you moved yourselves to where you can be most comfortable!!! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Men! They have no clue! They will never admit just how sick they might become (they're tough), they push the limits, and never think it through to what it means should they get sick and need care. Perhaps a generalization, but I bet not.

Meanwhile have a sunny Florida Christmas and get outside while the gettings good. He'll have to sleep a lot.

ElizT said...

First, I like your triptych very much.
Second, I'm delighted to hear that someone else has had a crabby Christmas.

Kerstin Klein said...

Hope your husband feels well soon and that you can still enjoy the holidays.

soulbrush said...

blast, blithers, and buggeralls....get into that gym girl and hit a punch bag! xx

kj said...

oh geez, mim. i hope by now you're either annoyed without regret or settled in and at least enjoying the sun. live and learn, huh...

:)

Debra Kay said...

What, cancel a trip due to human frailty? Such a guy thing.

Try to get out and enjoy the sun-your bike is at your Mom's, right?

Mim said...

Made Christmas dinner. Paid Mom's bills all day. Dad ill also but all are rallying in the evening. Hitting the gym at 5:00 am tomorrow - and yes...I am not fond of Florence N right now.
Deb - yes, my bike is here and I'm going riding tomorrow - come hell or highwater!!!!

marianne said...

Can imagine you got cranky by this situation.
Hope at some point your feelings will turn around.......
And I hope you will moments you can enjoy.
Take care!

human being said...

i'm nursing my sick daughter too... the difference is that it's not Christmas here and i'm not on vacation...
:)
sorry you are in such trouble... but hope everything will get well soon so that you can enjoy your time...

Merry Christmas!
Happy New Year!

studio lolo said...

Bummer. Sounds like you're trying to make the best of it though. I think colds are just the worst! I do live with an anomale...he's actually not a whiny guy when he has one. I am though :P

Be sure to check the mail when you get home!

The Muse said...

Really sorry to read this...oh gee...

soulbrush said...

hiya mimsie, hope youre feeling less cranky, an award for you at my blog to cheer you up. hugs.

Anna Lefler said...

I'd be annoyed, too! Men are such babies when they get sick, fer cryin' out loud!

Hope you have a happy new year in spite of it all...

:^) Anna