Monday, July 26, 2010



We went bike riding yesterday to one of my favorite rides in a state forest. My all time favorite part of this favorite ride is at the end, there is a long stretch of road that I can go fast on, and it's downhill and just plain fun.

So I dug out the little camera, turned it on and got this video which I hope you can see.

A few other photos from the day - a wild Sweet pea - there were millions of these all over the fields.


Bikes on the ground - this was after a long uphill ride - we laid out on the turf and recovered.


The following two photos are from Saturday when we went for a drive to the Blackstone Valley - which is on the MA/RI border. We went into Woonsocket and saw two signs that I couldn't resist.

The first one is so funny - African Dry Goods? Note on the side that there is a list of bill paying and money items...and then Incense. Odd mix of items


This one has to be one of my favorite signs of all times. Seen on the side of a bar/restaurant. This one goes into the "Strange sign Hall of Fame" as far as I'm concerned. Look at the tongues!!! Everyone knows that the moon and stars don't have tongues!!!

Have a lovely week, I am off on a business trip for the week.

12 comments:

studio lolo said...

Moonlight House of Weiners!!! It must have been on the RI side :P

It was fun going downhill with you!

Have a nice business trip Mim. Is this CA week? Will you see Lori??
I'd love to spend a day with her.

See you when you get back!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What fun whizzing downhill. Did you watch any of the Tour de France? They get to going fast too. Such fun. Those signs are odd. I hope you have a good week.

kj said...

mim, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

i bought a new bike last year and i am riding it like a new learner. i will be glad when i am comfortable (again) letting it rip!

here's wishing you a good trip. i think you are in california? if you do see lori, will you give her a hug from me? and please give yourself a hug from me too.

i never thought about the moon having a tongue. why does it sound so weird, because you're right: it's weird!

love love
kj

Lori ann said...

Ha ha, i would have to take a photo of that sign too!

I had fun on the bike ride too Mim, i LOVE going downhill, but not too fast, i've been tossed off my mountain bike too many times to trust even the smallest pebble. Heehee.

I'm sorry we'll miss each other, SLO is so close to me...next time though!

(i liked the African Dry Goods)

xoxo lori

Robin said...

What a great video.... ( I confess to never having learned to ride a bike.....but, I CAN ride horses!)

The signs were so funny....particularly the "tongued" Moon and Star!

Have a wonderful trip to CA....I know you will have sun...as my little enclave seems to be the only foggy spot in all the States!
Too bad you will not see Lori.... darn!

Safe flights!

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Fun video clip (at a fast clip, haha) and I love sweet peas and should plant some this year, and sign made me smile (and no, I hadn't seen tongues on them before either)

Lynn Cohen said...

I expected you to be yelling "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee" on the downhill ride!!!! Where's the Wheee? ;;-)
Pretty area...love the photo of the bikes resting.
And that very sexy sign at the end is hilarious! Did you go in to see the African Dry Goods and send a telegram? Do people still send telegrams?

Lynn Cohen said...

PS Where in California will you be? Obviously not near the bay area or you would have said, right, as you'd want to come walk barefoot on my laminate floors right? LOL

Baino said...

Feeling rather guilty now, you're out in the sunshine keeping fit and I've been out in the cold stuffing my face!Gah haven't ridden a bike for years but my son has just refurbished his mountain bike so . . no excuses eh?

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Funny signs. Enjoyed my ride with you on your bike. :) would liked to have gone longer. :))

soulbrush said...

maybe they were selling voodoo products?
wish your business trip would bring you this way....sigh

Unknown said...

wonderful photos! Fun!!