Saturday, February 2, 2008

Self Portrait



At the Portrait Party it is a self love month, where you can post portraits of yourself. I like this idea! I worry so much about drawing others that I get stumped. So I have been using myself as a model. I've labeled this "Sort of Mim" because it sort of looks like me, in that I have hair like that and two eyes and a nose etc. ( but I'm not really cross-eyed) I feel that the features are drawn more generically than they should be - but at least it's only me and I can do another one! Plus I didn't smile which is very unusual for me, but I don't like drawing teeth!
In the one below I experimented with giving myself purple hair. Nice eh?


I like my "Me drawn by Me" better shown in the sidebar . Kinda off kilter but that's OK.

7 comments:

Debra Kay said...

You'd look awesome with purple hair Mim!

ElizT said...

I LOVE 'Me drawn by me' whether it is like you or not.

Mim said...

Thanks you two. I am finding that while I know that the more you learn about drawing the better you will be...I still like my original, quick draw, flat drawings - like the "me drawn by me". But I do understand the need to know how to do other types of drawing - even if I do end up with glorious purple hair.

Teri said...

Such lovely portraits!! I especially like the softness of the first one.

caseytoussaint said...

I like both of these, but especially the second one - what's wrong with purple hair?
I agree with you about the sidebar portrait though - I've always loved that one!

Kerstin Klein said...

your portraits are lovely. i specially like the style of the purple one. somehow it makes me feel that this portrait shows the way you are: (i think) a fun and loving, not boring person at all.

Lifer said...

nice! very lively
LIVEly :)