The second one is actually the first one I started way back in the summer and it was the first large quilt that I had attempted. Talk about wrong measurements! I've learned alot since then but decided to go ahead and finish this quilt - as I told the boys - these quilts are more with more love than skill. And they bought it!
On this quilt I learned another new lesson - be careful what you applique. I used a polar fleese for the backing of the quilt, it wasn't going to be that when I started, but with the cold and rain here maybe I just needed to work with some cozy materials. But the fleese that I had is white so I appliqued some of the green rectangles on the back. It looks great BUT the edges of the rectangles on the back don't match up with the rectangles on the front so I am faced with a quilting problem - do I quilt over the the back rectangles or around them. I may just have to quilt over them because there is no other way around this problem. Things just don't line up well! So this baby is still a work in progress.
It after midnight and I've been up since 5:00 am, so time to head to bed!