Tuesday, February 26, 2008

100 things - Number 37

Kerstin posted today on this item and I thought that I would take a shot at this #37 also. The line is simple "list all the places that you have lived". Here are the places that I have lived from a bird's eye view. First is Brooklyn apartments, a college dorm and an apartment in Barre, Vermont.

Next is another college living place, my apartment with cousins and friends after college and my first apartment with Tony. Tiny and a dump but we were happy. Note that the toilet room and shower were in totally separate parts of the apartment. Once a cold water walk up flat for mill workers, the showers were added later as a luxury item.

Then we moved to a fancy two family house in Belmont, MA - with an actual driveway and a tiny little patch of grass that I cut practically by hand.

We left Belmont ( I still wish we hadn't) and moved to Stow to an old farmhouse that we loved but needed a TON of work (and still does - when I drive by it, I can tell) and then we moved to our current house still in Stow. Note the sad little "no dog" note here, but I'm still working on it.

10 comments:

ksklein said...

hey, i like the idea how you did this task. the birds eye view makes it very interesting.

Sarah said...

Nice way to remember all those homes too.

Teri C said...

It is amazing when we think of all the places we have lived. I love how you did this with the little sketches and notes. Keep it for the next move.

Debra Kay said...

Fingers crossed for the dog....

Forever Young said...

what a unique way to communicate your #37. glad i didn't do it, would have needed about 10 pages for all the places i've lived.wonder what #38 will be....

ksklein said...

#38: Describe your favourite room in detail. ;)

Michele said...

Oh my gosh, it would take me days to sketch / remember all the places I've lived.

Mary Richmond said...

what a nice way to wander through your memory!

ElizT said...

I like this. And I once tried to make an image about each home in my childhood; unfortunately, my sister is the only one who can make much sense of them.

human being said...

Wow! Mim, what an amazing post!
I could imagine you in each of them.
I enjoyed this retrospect....