Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Animal Wednesday - Mom's new dog



This is Scruffy - a three year old Shiz-poo from Small Dog Rescue. My cousin went to get a dog for herself - and saw Scruffy - fell in love and brought it home to my mom. Mom was uncertain for a day or so, but has gradually been falling in love. She adores being greeted at the door when she comes home, and feels that the pooch is "very smart".

I think it's just what she needs right now. I'm a bit worried about an 87 year old with a 3 year old dog but we'll cross that bridge if and when we need to. She's happy with the pup, it "loves" her and it's a distraction. Wonderful!

Happy - late in the day - Animal Wednesday

12 comments:

marianne said...

What an adorable dog!
I understand your worries but I hope your mom can enjoy Scruffy for many years.
HAW!

Robin said...

Mim, I think this is a wonderful thing for your Mum and for Scruffy!
(The name suits him!)

Try not to worry about the future.....it sounds corny, but take it one day at a time.......

I repeat - this is a very good thing!

HAW!!!!!!!!

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a handsome doggie. Scruffy will keep her and her friends entertained no doubt. HAW.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

She will love having the company. It could just keep her living longer. Cute little guy.

kj said...

a certain love affair....

Teri said...

Very cute and a great companion for an older person.

HAW

sukipoet said...

dadorable and so great for your mom's soul. I echo Robin and say one day at a time. what, me worry? worry just takes up energy and who knows what the future may bring.

Love the commentary on the video.

Annie said...

Mim, Wonderful! I think animals are the best medicine for all ages.
xoxo

Lynn Cohen said...

What a cutie...Is mom still living alone? Good for her. Just hope she's careful not to trip on the dog. Oy. I do worry. What can I say? Maybe the dog will take care of her!

Anonymous said...

So cute and a crazy co-incidence. Stan, also 87, who already has an out of control standard poodle and is still recovering from his triple bi-pass and undergoing radiation for migrating skin cancer was coming out of dinner with his wife Betsy the other night and rescued a little chihuahua on the spot from an animal control van. "He just fell in love with Stan so how could we not"....
So good for them! Miss you XXXXOOOOHilary

Lori ann said...

how wonderful mim! scruffy is adorable and it sounds like it was meant to be. there is nothing like a little dog. oh i love them all.

studio lolo said...

Sounds like true love to me! He looks so much like 2 dogs I had forever (whom I dearly miss.)

"He don't know nothing from sit." That cracked me up!! So Brooklyn ;)