Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Curious George quilt

The first book report I wrote was about the book "Curious George". I must have been about 6 or 7. I loved the book and wrote about his adventures - it was a great report. But then Mom read it and noticed that I never mentioned that George was a monkey. She tried so hard to get me to add that fact to the report, even telling me to add it as a "P.S. - George was a monkey" I was horrified at that idea and submitted the report without ever mentioning that the book was not about a kid but a monkey. I don't remember what mark I got on it. What I do remember was being embarrassed about leaving out that pertinent fact and being very stubborn about not adding it back in.

So, when I found this Curios George fabric I picked it right up and was in the process of making a little quilt last night when the mouse incident happened. I hope I finish it! Church fair is rapidly approaching and Etsy ain't doing it for me! And I still love Curious George.

No comments: