Saturday, November 17, 2007

More disney observations

I bet there aren't alot of people who notice the more hidden disney stuff, but most of it caugh my eye. I already mentioned how detail oriented their designers are, so I was on the lookout for the details. I don't know how they do it, they must travel around buying up stuff from esoteric places. Part of me wants to think of Disney as Walmart - robbing people and places and I don't know if that is true or not. Here are some items I noticed.

Yes, it's a Cinderella mozaic - but what amazing work! I'd like to recognize the artist that did this but he/she wasn't mentioned.

There were these wall art pieces that I swear looked authentic but again, I just don't know. Either way, they are amazing. Apparent fresco's and carvings. I didn't touch them maybe because I wanted to preserve the illusion of actual pieces. Again, either way, they were incredibly detailed and wonderful to look at.




Lots of overhead prayer flags in this section



I love signs and have alot of my own so of course I noticed these



I know it's probably fake rust, but if I didn't appreciate the real thing, then I appreciated the idea.
As I read this I realize that there is the skeptic in me that is reserving judgement and sort of holding out on truely enjoying the experience. So I'm going to let it go, and just say again what a good time I had with my boys and best friend.

2 comments:

Kerstin Klein said...

Save the bats! What a cool sign.

Debra Kay said...

Love the signs!