Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pay it Foward

Okay, this is hackneyed but somehow I still like the idea of paying forward. Perhaps because I often find myself doing things for people, don't expect or want anything from them, but just hope that they can "do unto others" etc. etc.


"I will send a handmade gift to the first 3, no 5! people who leave a comment on my blog (and email me their addresses!) requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog."

So email me your addresses at MirStella@aol.com and I will send you something special at some time; a little surprise in the mail.

On this same note, when I was in Cambria, CA last weekend I found a lovely little store and they had these cute wonderful fake eggs. So I bought them and the guy there threw in a little fake (but nice) nest with three little eggs in it and also threw in 2 lovely little real nests (with no bugs!). He told me to "pay it forward" so maybe I will...

2 comments:

Kerstin Klein said...

Mim, I just saw that you are joining in on the fun. So can I add you to my list? I wasn´t sure as you only commented, but didn´t join?

So far I have one missing in the list, but I don´t want to be pushy. ;)

Kerstin Klein said...

Hi Mim, today we received your wonderful package. And it´s the first PIF I received. What a nice surprise and exactly on Hanukkah. :) The book is wonderful, I read it today evening. I´ll show it to the kids tomorrow. It´s a treat as we can´t get these kind of Jewish things (books, toys, etc.) here. Thanks a bunch!
And then the picture..... Wooo hooo! So great. I remember that I saw it somewhere on your blog and that you used gesso on it. Isn´t it? I still don´t know what it is! ;) Thanks for sending me the pic. I really like it. *smoooooch.
I´m off to check whether I can find it here on your blog and I should get started with my pay- it- forward gifts too.