Saturday, October 25, 2008

A good Saturday giggle


Remember the BRA story?  Go see SB's Saturday giggle - dedicated to me and Cynthia.  I had such a good laugh!!! What a clever gal she is that ms. soulbrush!!!

Which was a great way to start this day, cause it's gotten a bit serious-er in some ways.  I met a friend this morning at 7:00 am (on a Saturday ) and we drove an hour north to meet up with another friend for breakfast.  The friend up north has had some tragedy in her life - she was living with a man she dearly loved but who was bipolar. She couldn't handle it anymore...moved out and a few months later he killed himself - on Good Friday  - about 1.5 years ago.  We've cried together and had his memorial and she is moving on with her life, thank god.  We've spent alot of time with her and with her sisters - all of whom are married to seemingly wonderful men. 

We just found out this week that one of the sisters is getting divorced - because yes...he was fooling around. After 35 years!  And I guess this isn't the first time, so she's had it!  OK, this is normal in this day and age and I've heard it a million times, but oh - it was so hard to see her pain!  She looks wonderful but you can just see that a part of her has been ripped away - her best friend has betrayed her.  It brings tears to my eyes just to hear the story.  We all talked about how she would be OK, life moves on etc etc, but there is something that changes within one when this type of trust is broken - no way to even put it into words.  

Life....never know what's going to happen next do we??? Treasure the moment? or prepare for the worst? 

6 comments:

Debra Kay said...

It's funny-a friend of MINE is getting married, and I am happy for her, and I didn't think I wanted to be married, but I feel a bit jealous-which shocks me to my core.

Yet, I also do not believe in going out to "catch" a man which is a big sport here in Oklahoma. So, here I am, surrounded by men used to women who will jump through hoops to get their attention. And then stories like yours....I think treasuring the moment is a good strategy, because no one really does know what is going to happen next.

switch said...

sad stories, but wow what a tender Miss Em portrait.

Mim said...

Miss Em is very sympathetic - but also note the conflict in this drawing...interesting eh?

MuseSwings said...

It is a very interesting drawing - he's left the door open for other opportunities. Treasuring the moment is a good idea - there are even moments to treasure in the midst of tragedy of you leave yourself open to them.

Teri said...

I'm glad you had a laugh early because the rest of the day seemed to be for crying.

you gave us And that is GREAT advice!

soulbrush said...

this story would go very well with IF this week as it is 'repair'....how do you repair your heart after these tragedies? go slowly one step at a time.....
what heartche there is all around us and all we can do is find time for a good giggle now and then! hugs and wfs to you and your friends too.