Thursday, October 16, 2008

New quilts

The first one is for Project Linus and is cuddly minky on one side and regular Winnie the Pooh cotton on the other side. Minky is tough to work with being a stretchy material. I ended up putting the two pieces together with basting spray...then actually basting and adding a satin blanket binding to hold it all together.
The second one I've been working on for while and one of my nephews thinks it's better as a wall hanging than a baby quilt. Sure, it's not traditional baby colors but there must be some discriminating babies out there who like sage green and brown ....we'll see!



Such a good feeling to have these completed.

9 comments:

sukipoet said...

The winnie quilt looks like a blanket with the satin and mink which i've never heard of before. I'd like one to cuddle up under myself.

I love the polka dots and colors on the other quilt. You should ask some women what they thinktxgifnev, maybe it's just not a guy quilt.

Debra Kay said...

Mim, I still have my ever growing collection of quilting materials----some day, some day.

I adore the pink and brown, very old world and comforting.

Teri said...

They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

ElizT said...

Minky, basting spray? Sewing must have moved on.
The sage and brown one is a little masterpiece.

kj said...

quite totally beautiful...

:)

Mim said...

Thanks all - I also love the sage and brown colors and have a request from here to do a big one in those colors. And yes...basting spray is handy - I only use it once in a blue moon but when you do need it it's handy stuff.

I also love the thought of sending off that minky quilt for some little kid to cuddle with while sick or away from home. I just hope it helps them.

soulbrush said...

oh i truly love the second one,,,greeny browny one. wonderful and your neff is right, listen to him.

Lynn Cohen said...

Your quilts are all so neatly done.
I admire that. I hadn't seen the Pooh one before, cute.
Love the colors in the brown and green one. Love the satin bindings.

Karen Salva said...

These are both really beautiful.