Sunday, February 8, 2009

AWARD

I love blogger awards. We are all so generous with each other, supportive, giving, talking, helping.

Ms Soulbrush gave out this award to some of her blogger friends (and she has many) and it made me think of the first time I "met" her on line. Her son, the ever clever Mr. P, posted some pictures of his ma, who was knitting using sliced up plastic grocery bags and I thought - WOW, I like this lady. Then I stared reading her blog, and she came to mine and we tentatively "met" each other...and it's all uphill from there! Last April I had the wonderful opportunity to meet up with SB, her hubby and the famous SNUFFLES - when I was over in London. We recognized each other right away....big hugs...and non-stop talking for over an hour. I was flying home the next day (dad was sick, we needed to get full time help in yadda, yadda) and SB was going to dinner at her son's house. But it was a momentous occasion, and I hope to be able to meet up again some day.

This award goes to everyone that reads this blog. You're all great friends.

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wow, you got to actually meet Soulbrush. You lucky Lady.

Mim said...

I am lucky and we had such a great connection and a good time

studio lolo said...

Thanks for reminding me to post this award. Brain fart!!

An hour goes by in a flash huh, but at least you had that flash!
Lucky ladies :)

Soulbrush called me yesterday and we talked for an hour! It was so easy. She's pretty special, that one.

Teri said...

I remember when you met her in London. I thnk we all kind of 'met' about the same time.
Blogland is so great.

ElizT said...

Amazing, yes; nice to have such friends.

soulbrush said...

aaaaawwww this is such a special post Mim. i loved it when we met, both wearing pink, and as soon as we saw each other , we just 'knew' each other...and we talked and talked for an hour non- stop. MAGIC!!

Amanda said...

You were above me in roll call at SITS. Just wanted to stop by and say Welcome, and you will love SITS!

Hope the rest of your Sunday is great!

Debra Kay said...

I wish we could have a blogger convention some time and all get together for a weekend.