Saturday, February 7, 2009

New little Project and CED

I was told that you could use your Mac to make a book right out of the iPhoto application.

So I did!

It wasn't totally easy but within two days I assembled two books - a hardcover one and a softcover one. I really did this as a test sample for the book I am making for my cousins son - a book or family pictures and recipes - for his upcoming marriage.

So to test the concept, I used alot of my Miss Em pictures and tried the big hardcover version and a smaller softcover version.


Maybe you can see the slide show above - wow - I didn't know I could upload it like this.

After I get the books, if they look decent - I'll be giving one away, with that random drawing thing that everyone is using, let me know if you would like one and I'll put your name in the magic hat.

12 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a marvelous gift this will make for the wedding gift.

marianne said...

Wow, your own Ms. Em book!
What a lovely idea!
I have made a book online with my mandala´s and the Quality is quiite good.
Mim if you still want to trade ATC´s with me just let me know which one you like. You can view all at Flickr. (A few I gave already away)
have a nice weekend!

>M<

Anonymous said...

How exciting!
My son published his first novel using Lulu.com this past year, but he had no photos. Can't wait to hear how the finished product turns out.

I did have a hard time making out the slide show though. Seems the resolution is too low.
amanda

studio lolo said...

I'm trying to put my best of "IF" illustrations in book form using BLURB. I'm having a hard time!

This is great. Too pixelated to make out but I know the drawings so I was smiling anyway!
Please put my name in the magic hat :)

marianne said...

Yes Mim I did get your cards you can read about it
here.
But you still have to pick one of mine! So please do.
hug >M<

Teri said...

Oh yes, please throw my name in the hat. Seeing this I am tempted to buy a Mac next time.

Lynn Cohen said...

I make photo books each year of my grandkids photos I've taken all year long using MY PUBLISHER and the finsihed books are terrific.
You can use many layout choices with words, without, etc. Check it out.

I'd love to win a MS EM book! Please put my name in as well.Thanks.

Your wedding gift book will be wonderful for the new couple!

soulbrush said...

what a great idea always said we needed a ms em book, i would love one. it's fun to achieve something technical in this fast paced world of ours. tee hee.

ArtistUnplugged said...

How neat, that will make a wonderful wedding gift!

switch said...

cool, Mim.

yes please put me in the hat too.

MuseSwings said...

Miss Mim is published! I would just love one of her books - please put my name in Miss Mim's magic hat!

Debra Kay said...

Oh Oh, please put me in the hat. (and Oliver too).