Monday, February 2, 2009

CED - Words

What I like about Creative Every Day is the challenge to think a bit outside the box. For Feb - the goal is to use words. I took Sticky back canvas and wrote letters diagonally - in a gold ink which I hoped would be resistant to the paint. (it wasn't completely resistant, but did show thru). Then I painted the canvas with a few colors. Then I stamped words in white. Then some additional color. Then tissue paper over it all, and I printed a recipe on the paper. Then went to print a photo over the recipe print, but it printed in the wrong place. So I printed the photo again, still couldn't get it where I wanted it but made the best of it. Added more color and stamps and the words on the slide (gotta fix that adhesive it was supposed to dry clear) - and the bird. Why the bird? Well, since this is a picture of my grandmother who always wanted to be a bird and actually visited us once as a bird (story somewhere in this blog) I always think of Grandma and birds.

Anyway I had fun.

A few other things I have been trying for CED - am trying hard to use mediums that I don't usually use. These are paint and markers on bristol board.

I may have shown Mr. Stubble head before, but here he is again.


Miss Em - looking for a way out down a new road.

Don't ask me who he is.


Doodles - actually more to do on this. Kinda looks like kidneys and roses to me.


13 comments:

marianne said...

Wonderful pieces and all in such different styles!
Great!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Interesting Mim. I like the bird one the best. I have been trying to be creative every day. I didn't sign onto the blog. I will have to go back there for inspiration. You are doing great.

Miss Em is always on an adventure. I would love to meet her in person some day.

ElizT said...

I really like the bird one too.

Lynn Cohen said...

I do love the top collage and will read the directions later again...it is such fun to play with new media...This came out so well. Nice design...honor to grandma too.

I like the King next best. He's colorful and gazing into his future perhaps? Or what he plans to do for his kingdom.

It's always fun to follow Ms Em down all her roads...

Archie and Melissa said...

hi mim!
you are so inspiring! i love all of your mediums and styles. they are all wonderful!
melissa

sukipoet said...

Especially love the top collage and thanks for telling about your process. I send Miss Em good luck on walking her new path. You have been very creative!! All are wonderful.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

These are all fantastic.. You have been busy. All so colorful too.

Mim said...

Question - do you think a feather would be more effective than a bird on the top piece????

Unknown said...

These are wonderful paintings, love the colors of "whoever he may be" and the roundish shapes, lovely colors and great shapes
Andrea

studio lolo said...

Mim...where have I been???
What great, fun works. And no...the bird is perfect. A feather would be nice but she didn't want to be PART of a bird, she wanted to be a bird :)

Ms. Em looks like she has a big decision to make. I so totally trust her judgement!

Wow, you really have been busy. Great stuff!

Karen Salva said...

Mim, I like how your mixed media turned out and loved reading about the process...it is so fun to experiment. Your doodles are fun as always and that "king" looks like he could be right out of a children's book. Maybe the kidney/rose is his family crest :)

Karen Salva said...

Mim, I like how your mixed media turned out and loved reading about the process...it is so fun to experiment. Your doodles are fun as always and that "king" looks like he could be right out of a children's book. Maybe the kidney/rose is his family crest :)

Jan Holt said...

Love your work so much I just blogged about you here:

http://petalsyoga.blogspot.com/2009/02/confession-to-make.html